First Lutheran School TUITION ASSISTANCE
The purpose of tuition assistance is to further the mission of First Lutheran School as a ministry of First Lutheran Church by providing tuition assistance to families in need.
Families who wish to be considered for a tuition assistance award must complete an online application at www.cfslogin.com. CFA (Confidential Financial Analysis) is a third-party organization that analyzes the financial information provided by the family and provides a report with a recommendation called a “FACT score.” A copy of current tax return, and four recent pay stubs must be submitted to the school office for the Board of Christian Education.
- Our school number is 25330
- All families receiving tuition assistance are required to enroll in the Simply Giving EFT program. All families are welcome to choose the eleven month payment option in order to less the monthly payment amount of their tuition.
- Any family with past due balances (tuition, childcare or band) WILL NOT be considered for tuition assistance for the upcoming school year until all accounts are paid in full.
- Applications are due no later than May 15th of the prior school year (ex. 5/15/11 for the 2011-12 school year) for re-applying families or within 15 days after registration for new families. Late applications may not be accepted.
- Tuition assistance will be awarded on a first-come-first-served basis at the discretion of the Board of Christian Education based primarily on the FACT score provided by CFA. No recipient family will receive a 100% tuition discount; a minimum tuition will be assessed regardless of the FACT score. Families may submit a written request for review within 30 days of notification of their tuition assistance.
- Tuition assistance is subject to review at any time as warranted by a family’s changing financial circumstances.
- Families receiving tuition assistance are required to support First Lutheran School through participation in qualifying service activities. Adult family members may choose which qualifying service activities to perform, but must provide a minimum of ten (10) service hours per school semester, for a minimum of twenty (20) service hours per school year. Qualifying service activities include: school sponsored service/cleanup days, the annual fundraiser banquet, active participation in PALS-sponsored events, classroom support activities, or other activities agreed upon with the FLS Principal.
- Records of service hours will be kept in the school office. Families are responsible for informing the school office regarding hours completed and for making sure their record is accurate and complete. Families deficient in service hours at the end of a semester may not be considered for tuition assistance for the following semester.
If you have any questions regarding tuition assistance, please contact the school office at